Monday 18 April 2011

My sincere attempt to a meme.

Yesterday for some reason the net at home would not come up. This is yesterday's post.

17-Apr-11
I read Preethi Shenoy's blog regularly. She had put up this post regarding memes. The questions seemed interesting, so I thought why not give it a try?
1. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
It most likely will be my daughter or my husband. Today it was my daughter. She is a year and a half and today she showed me she had learnt to comb my hair. J
2. Do you have a lot to learn?
Yes. I always feel what I learnt is a drop in the ocean. This is a great setback for me professionally. For I openly admit what I don’t know, unlike those who project just what they know. Personally I feel I have to learn to control my anger and develop patience.
3. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
  • Playing Veena
  • Be a great software programmer (I consider myself average now)
  • Learn to do good pencil sketches
4. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
As time passes, I tend to forget what other people have said. I hardly care what other people did.
So that leaves me with the last one. I do definitely remember to say and do a lot to people who made me feel good. J
5. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
No matter what, if there is a cord connecting both the hearts, the relationship is here to stay. I strictly believe that what is not meant to be, wont, No matter how hard you try.
6. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
  • I want to build an old age home
  • I want to adopt a kid (this might not be possible due to various pressures, but atleast I would like to adopt a kid remotely and give him education).
  • I want to own a library.
7. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
I would like to avoid being called a bad mom, bad wife and bad daughter and above all anything to avoid being a bad human being.
8. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
Recent in memory is Anna hazare’s cause – Avoid corruption in india and then there is no one to stop us.
9. What does each decade make you think of:
90 ‘s – lot of childhood memories. Climbing trees, stealing guavas, scary report cards, maths……. Madhuri Dixit dance’s at school, A.R.Rehman’s romantic numbers. A long list of things. J
00’s – Y2k, Lot of rumours that the world will end. We are still going strong. Now it seems postponed to 2012. New job. Love life, Marriage and kid.
10. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
Present. I think although I go through various trials, I am a better human now. I sometimes feel my life is an Abbaas Mastan movie, full of twists and turns. I think that is what makes it very unpredictable and interesting. J
11. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
I am not a great follower of rock songs. My favorite songs are all from Bollywood and it’s an endless list. I like “lag jaa gale” by Lata Mangeshkar, and all songs of kishore kumar.
12. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country? If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
India - Prime minister is Dr.Manmohan Singh. "Sare Jahan se achcha".
13.What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
POGO !!! J
14. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
I can’t relate myself to any villain, not even a cartoon J. I don’t think I am that good yet. I always feel I am a good person... J and I want to believe in it. He he he … J
15. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
No :(
16. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
Fly.
17. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
Ok tell me, why is the day bright and night dark and how come in Norway sky is blue for six months and black for the next six?
18. What does your name mean?
My Name means brightness. I wish I could let brightness touch many other souls out there.
19. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
I would not want to choose. I want to check out both.
Deeps of the ocean - I believe a lot of treasure is hidden down there. And who knows I might find my little mermaid. :P
Outer space – I want to know if aliens exist? I want to check if GOD is indeed an alien?? ;)
20. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
I could not think of only one word, but many words came to my mind and here they are.
Air:  Free - Tax free and cost free as of today.
Meat: Prevention towards animal cruelty
Different: Every individual in this world is... different
Pink: The color most of the girls love and guys hate. :)
Deserve: A little more peace to the world. This World deserves it.
White: An Angel. Now my daughter "Pari".
Elvis:  I dont know you much and you have a weird hairstyle.
Magic: Harry Potter and his school. I wish I were also a student there. J
Heart: When I see the live telecast of Bypass surgery - I wonder does this organ evoke feelings of love ?? :S
Clash: Something that should be avoided between husband and wife. :)
Pulp: Mango :)
21. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
My Grandpa. He was a little hard of hearing.
I wish God has healed him and I can listen to all those wonderful stories he told me once upon a time.
Holding his hand, I would go to "PAI" Ice cream parlour and have "Gadbad".
22. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
Mr. RajniKanth. Joking about the Sardar community is something I always feel bad about.
But this man, like a one man army handles all the jokes about him so unaffectedly.
23. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
I dont like watching movies repeatedly. I get bored and feel I can remember the lines byheart.
24. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
My husband :) and now I cant think about leaving my kid behind.
25. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved?
Always wanted to win the Red Cross Bravery award. :)
But have never got this chance. :) I think I am not an adventurous person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Topsy Turvy!!! Do visit again :)