Friday 1 March 2013

Shocked beyond words

Today my friend reported an alarming incident. I am still not sure how to react to it.

I walk through a crowded narrow lane everyday from work to home. I have always felt a little insecure walking through that street. Yesterday morning my friend walked through the same street. She saw a girl was walking ahead of her and she was talking to someone on her mobile. Three men came riding on a Honda Activa. One of the guys on the bike, touched the buttocks of the girl who was walking ahead.

My friend was shocked to see that and she stood there for a minute. Another lady who was walking from the opposite side, told my friend, see what all happens and walked with a disgust on her face. That girl walked away without knowing how to react.
When my friend told me this, I was not sure what to tell about the situation. I am still not able to move away from how men treat unknownn women in our society. I am running short of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Topsy Turvy!!! Do visit again :)